This is the #1 post of a series about visiting Japan. : ) If you are planning a visit to Japan, I recommend that you buy (obviously) the tickets in advance (months in advance) that way you can get a better price. Also, book a hotel with good reviews, you don’t want to stay in an uncomfortable place during your stay. In our case we stayed in Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku.
If you like adventure, I suggest the following:
- Think ahead about the places you would like to visit.
- Have travel insurance (you never know)
- Pack in advance, we had a backpack (large backpacks perfect to travel)
- Have a mini first aid kit according to your needs
- Comfortable shoes is a must, in our case we LOVE to walk and sight seeing
- Try to learn the basic phrases to survive in Japanese (in case you are alone and get lost)
- Don’t take with you your laptop unless is absolutely necessary
- If you have pets (we don’t, yet) book the pet hotel in advance or get a relative/friend to take care of your pet
I will be sharing with you some pictures I took during our trip once I finish these posts.
Hope this helps!
Ja~mata! (it means “see you soon!”)